To deliver high-quality, contemporary, coaching sessions that focus on skills acquisition, development, and
improvement. We can accommodate all elementary and junior high school phys-ed curriculum (grades 4 through 10), as well as deliver sessions to school teams and junior age grade programs across southern Ontario.
- To deliver a high-quality learning experience for students and teachers, coaches and players;
- To facilitate the basic understanding of the game of rugby through student-centered learning and differentiated instruction;
- Utilize “TGFU” (Teaching Games for Understanding), a games-based approach in order to facilitate a more comprehensive, discovery-based understanding of the game of rugby and the skills required to be successful.
Depending on the size of the class or team, two or more instructors would come in and coach the basics of the game of rugby, including:
• Movement skills: “getting open”, support play, and lines of running
• Passing skills: core passing skills under varying degrees of pressure
• Decision-making: how to execute the correct or ideal decision at the right time, in the right situation.
Additionally, we also “coach the coaches” how to be able to achieve the same or similar results within another classroom and/or further enhance and elaborate on the learning experience of the current class. Within the 5-day program, we would leave assessment and evaluation pieces for teachers to use in the existing evaluation of their students and future classes.