Guest Coaching Options:
One-day: introduction to the game of rugby and basic concepts introduced through a games-based approach. Basic concepts include: ideal pass to be utilized, understanding of space and movement, relationship of receiver to ball-carrier (“getting open”).
Three-day: continuation of basic principles of play. Introduction of need to move forward in order to gain territory, idea of team work and continuity, all with an emphasis on effective communication. Decision-making focuses on specifically engaging a 2 v 1 situation and how to best bring about success. Lesson plans are left with the teacher for future classes.
Five-day: reinforcement of “Five Principles of Play”: go forward, support, continuity, communication, pressure. Some core skill work is done in terms of passing and decision-making, specifically engaging a 3 v 2; and 4 v 2 situations and how to best facilitate success. Lesson plans and assessment and evaluation tools (rubrics and marking sheets) are left with the teacher for future classes.
Skills Clinic & Mini-Tournament
- Skill Development and Refinement
- Reinforcement of “Five Principles of Play”
- Applied Learning Experience
- The highly experienced and talented Upright Rugby Coaching Staff, take players through two 45min learning modules in preparation for a mini-tournament.
- Two or three schools agree to participate in the afternoon and play each other at the end of the learning sessions. Coaches discuss what they would like to see the Upright Rugby staff focus on in the sessions. These could be individual skills, unit skills, or team skills. An emphasis could be placed on core skills and/or tactics; it is up to the respective programs and coaches.
- Core skills as well as key concepts such as: go forward, support, continuity, communication, pressure, are emphazised.
- Open to Boys and Girls grade 8 through high school
For more information and to inquire about this amazing opportunity, please click link and submit your request.