Senior Prep Academy
Those players pursuing high-performance playing opportunities at the junior national-level, should register for our off-season Senior Prep Academy. Those athletes that have been or should be identified by provincial and potentially national team coaches and programs.
The Prep Academy uses small groups to provide focused feedback and analysis in all skill development. Upright organizes a schedule in collaboration with the players that best suits their needs in order to accommodate their particular schedule as best as possible.
The program works in smaller groups for the strength and conditioning component and takes into consideration the specific player needs as emphasized by Rugby Ontario and Rugby Canada.
Our mission is to provide an off season training program for boys and girls, aged 15 to 19, that are passionate about rugby and committed to their success. Ultimately, we want to train our athletes in order to best provide an opportunity for them to excel in their sport.
The Prep Academy includes:
- Speed and Strength training provided by highly reputable and knowledgeable coaches, each of whom bring their own impressive résumé of High-Performance strength training and conditioning.
- Strength sessions are tailored to meet the specific needs of the individual player in conduction with Rugby Ontario and Rugby Canada;
- Development of tactical experience in game situations through our indoor touch rugby league;
- Advanced skills training that utilizes the latest technology to provide concise, accurate feedback for each athlete;
- Functional Motor Screening and consistent monitoring of our athletes progress from a medical and physiological perspective;
- Weekly Yoga Classes in order to increase range of motion amongst our athletes, strengthen their core and minimize the risk of injury;
Our program maintains consistency with the Long Term Rugby Development (“LTRD”) goals established by Rugby Canada and implemented by the IRB.