Junior Girls Academy (U14-U16)
The Junior Academy is specifically designed for female rugby players that want to train in order to perform to the best of their abilities. Our goal within this age grade is to ensure that players are equipped with the core rugby skills and understanding of the game in order to best prepare them for success in the future.
The Upright Rugby Senior Academy focuses on developing the core skills necessary for “breaking the gain line” and moving on to the next level. Whether your ambitions are provincial, varsity, national, or simply to be the best player you can be, our sessions will provide you with the resources and know-how to get you there.
Our program includes:
- STRENGTH TRAINING
- For the first six weeks, athletes participate in two weekly Speed and Strength training sessions.
- For the second phase of the program (10 weeks), athletes participate in three weekly Speed and Strength training sessions.
- Training is provided by highly reputable and knowledgeable coaches, each of whom bring their own impressive résumé of high-performance strength training and conditioning.
- SKILL DEVELOPMENT
- Up to 16 weeks of Advanced Skills Training that utilizes the latest technology to provide concise, accurate feedback for each athlete;
- Athletes participate in two weekly Skills Development sessions with some of the country’s best skill assessment and development coaches.
- TACTICAL DEVELOPMENT
- In addition to the on-going tactical sessions that athletes experience in their weekly Skills Sessions, they also benefit from 12 weeks of tactical experience in game situations through our Indoor Touch Rugby League;
- ATHLETE HEALTH AND WELLNESS
- Functional Motor Screening and consistent monitoring of our athletes progress from a medical and physiological perspective;
- Weekly Yoga or Pilates classes in order to increase range of motion amongst our athletes, strengthen their core and minimize the risk of injury;
- Four-Part Nutrition Seminar
- Two-Part Sport Psych and Performance Visualization Seminar
Our program maintains consistency with the Long Term Rugby Development (“LTRD”) goals established by Rugby Canada and implemented by the IRB.